Learn About The Go8 Universities Of Australia
- April 20, 2021
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Education
Group of Eight (Go8) Universities of Australia are the top 8 universities providing high-quality research-based education since their establishment in 1999. These institutions remain in the top 150 Universities present in the world. The idea is to focus on providing long-term higher education and better areas of research. These universities include –
- The University of Melbourne – It is the second oldest and top-ranked university in Australia in both the Research and Education category. This university consists of 11 academic institutions, 22 faculties and graduate schools, and around 6500 staff members.
- Australian National University – This University consists of four study-specific institutions and seven colleges. The research done here contributes to 95% of research done globally. Besides, the institution is said to provide multiple employment opportunities to the students. And, it is the responsibility of the university to provide accommodation to students.
- University of Sydney – The University received a royal charter from Queen Victoria, making it at par with the Universities of England. Additionally, it has three schools attracting students from across the world. It runs around 200+ clubs for students and has more than 5.2 billion books in its Library. Contact our study abroad consultants to find the fields available for research in this institution.
- University of Queensland – The University has received more national teaching awards than any other Australian University. It is a great place to do your research in the engineering field as there are 100+ centres available.
- The University of Western Australia – The University offers courses ranging from undergraduate to Doctoral field along with the facility of specialization courses. It comes under the classification of ‘Sandstone Universities’, an informal group comprising Australia’s Oldest Universities. On top of it, it has 1500+ academic staff and 2000+ administrative staff handling the daily chores.
- University of Adelaide – The University receives around $180 million in research funding on an annual basis. There is a wide range of research-based courses that attracts thousands of students every year. It has four campuses, all of which offer accommodation facility to the students.
- Monash University – It was founded in 1958 and became the second oldest University in Australia. It has four campuses in Australia and one in Malaysia. The University also has a research centre in Italy and India along with a graduate school in China. It usually receives the highest number of applications in the state of Victoria.
- University of New South Wales – It consists of 47 schools and 127 institutions that offer multiple courses to the students. It has the largest cancer research facility in Australia, having almost 400 researchers.
In case you are planning to study in Australia, consult our overseas education counsellors to get information on the admission process and career options in detail. With us, you will get personalized counselling from the most experienced study abroad education consultants of Delhi. So, book your session today!
WhatsApp / Call to book your online or offline counselling session in Delhi: +91 9899101239
Follow us on Instagram for more education related updates